Fertility practices and providers across our country are uniting with a pledge to support black lives.
Racism is a public health crisis and we need to address this now and together.
We are committing to address the glaring health disparities of black women in our field of assisted reproduction.
Compared to women of other ethnicities, Black women are:
– 2x more likely to have trouble conceiving
– 50% less likely to seek care
– More likely to suffer from tubal factor infertility and uterine fibroids
– Have a reduced chance of live birth, even after IVF
– Have the lowest percentage of first-trimester prenatal care initiation
– Have a higher risk of pregnancy complications including preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, and placental disorders
– 3x more likely to suffer pregnancy-related mortality
Today we are committing to do better.
We have to do better.
We C A N do better.
To hold each other accountable
To use our skills to educate and advocate
We stand together in support