Egg donation is a modification of the process of IVF. There are several steps involved.
- Recruitment of an egg donor
- Screening / testing of the egg donor
- Synchronization of the egg donor and recipient, but most commonly these days, is to freeze all embryos, then return for frozen embryo transfer. In woman 35 year and older, we are recommending biopsy and PGS, and freeze all embryos.
- Stimulation of the egg donor with fertility medication and preparation of the recipient uterus
- Retrieval of the egg donor‘s eggs
- Fertilization and culture of the egg donor‘s eggs
- Transfer of the embryos into the recipient’s uterus