Do you feel like a #germaphobe since COVID-19 has started? We hear you!
Many of us have learned more about proper cleaning protocols and have purchased SO MANY disinfectants.
But do you know the one thing you continuously overlook throughout the day? Your cellphone!
According to USNews, “If you Google “cellphone germs,” you will be grossed out by headlines screaming warnings like Your Cell Phone Is 10 Times Dirtier Than a Toilet Seat (Time magazine), Your Smartphone Screen Is Probably Disgusting (USA Today) and The Dirty Cell Phone: 25,127 Bacteria per Square Inch (StateFoodSafety.com).” Yuck! If you are wondering how to give your phone a proper cleaning, below are a few tips… If you have an iPhone – Apple says that iPhone owners should use a Clorox Disinfecting Wipe to clean your device, do not use bleach and do not submerge your phone.
?? Unplug all cables and turn the phone off.
??Use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth, such as an eyeglass lens cloth.
??If you still see material on the phone, use a soft, lint-free cloth with warm soapy water.
?? Don’t use cleaning products (including window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, ammonia and abrasives) or compressed air.
If you have an Android:
?? First, make sure your phone is powered down and unplugged from any power sources. Remove any covers, cases or accessories.
?? It is best to use a lint-free, soft microfiber cloth on your phone. A camera lens cleaning cloth also works. Both are gentle and won’t damage the phone.
?? Gently wipe the front and back of your phone with the microfiber cloth. Do not apply too much pressure.
?? It is OK to dampen the corner of the microfiber cloth with a small amount of distilled water, but avoid getting excess moisture onto your phone.
?? To disinfect the phone, choose a hypochlorous acid-based solution (containing 50-80 parts per million) or an alcohol-based solution (containing more than 70% ethanol alcohol). Apply these disinfectants to the soft cloth, not to the phone directly.
?? Do not use compressed air, which may damage the surface of your phone.
?? Do not use spray bleach.