Friends, we are all so happy to be hearing small businesses are starting to reopen.
Salons, gyms, restaurants.
We have missed them. They need our business.
We are fearing a relapse as other parts of the world are showing us data.
Stay vigilant and don’t let up on:
Washing your hands, frequently
Wear a mask, when possible out in public.
Physicians and researchers now widely recognize that COVID-19 is a highly unpredictable viral illness that attacks more than just lungs, according to The Washington Post.
10 symptoms physicians have spotted:
- Brain: Strokes from blood clots, neurological issues
- Eyes: Pinkeye
- Nose: Loss of smell and taste
- Blood: Unexpected clotting as virus attacks lining of blood vessels
- Gastrointestinal system: Vomiting and diarrhea
- Lungs: Difficulty breathing, pulmonary embolism from breakaway clots
- Heart: Weakened heart muscles, arrhythmias and heart attacks from small clots
- Kidneys: Damage to kidney structures that filter waste from blood, which often requires dialysis
- Skin: A purple rash on toes or fingers from the virus attacking blood vessels
- Immune system: An overactive immune response that attacks healthy tissue, among other widespread effects “There have been some reported cases of putative relapse,” said Mike Ryan, MD, WHO’s executive director of health emergencies. He added that researchers are investigating whether relapses are reinfections or just a chronic part of the condition, though he said there is little evidence to suggest people are persistently suffering from COVID-19.
Dr. Ryan said the disease appears to affect many vital organs, such as the liver and kidneys, and many COVID-19 patients “remain quite frail, quite without energy and struggle to get back to full health.”